Copyright and selling items
Selling items made with Studio Seren sewing patterns
You may sell items made with my sewing patterns as long as you observe the following terms and conditions...
- Items are not mass-produced in any way. They must be handmade by the individual who purchased the pattern
- Items are not sold in large numbers - no more than 100 dolls/items per year can be sold using each pattern
- Items must only be sold directly to customers. Items must not be sold wholesale to businesses
- Patterns are not adapted to make other animals to sell. For example, you can not buy the bunny pattern and adapt it to make a bear or create new animals to sell
- All website or Etsy listings include the following: ‘Made using a Studio Seren pattern www.studioseren.com'
- All photos or videos of the item shared on social media include the following text ‘Made using a Studio Seren pattern’ A link to my social media page or website should also be included. For example, on Instagram tag my page @studioserenpatterns
- As the maker of the item, it is your responsibility to ensure that it complies with relevant safety standards and legislation in each country you are selling the item. For example, to sell dolls in the United Kingdom they must be UKCA-marked and conform to the standards set out in the toy safety directive. There are different standards and regulations in every country
Using my sewing patterns to run workshops
I allow physical face-to-face workshops to be run in your local area using my sewing patterns if permission is requested first. All students must buy a copy of the sewing pattern in advance. Discounts are available for ordering multiple patterns. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Online workshops are not permitted.
Right to withdraw permission
Studio Seren reserves the right to withdraw permission to sell items made from my patterns or to use my patterns to run face-to-face workshops at any time, without the need to provide any explanation or reason. If Studio Seren finds that a seller is engaging in activities that are deemed inappropriate, unethical, or infringing on the intellectual property rights of Studio Seren or other doll/pattern designers, the authorisation to sell items made from my patterns will be revoked immediately
Copyright of my pattern
Sharing, selling or distributing my pattern and instructions electronically or in printed form is strictly prohibited. All elements of my sewing pattern and instructions are protected under international copyright law - this includes the pattern itself as well as the words, images and drawings in the instructions
Sharing photographs or videos of my pattern pieces on social media is strictly prohibited and considered a copyright violation
Any modification, adaptation, translation, or creation of derivative works based on my sewing pattern whether in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited and infringes upon my copyright. Resizing my patterns, making slight changes to my patterns, adapting my patterns to make other animals and selling my pattern with new instructions and photography are all examples of derivative works which are strictly prohibited
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions