Cat sewing pattern PDF and tutorial
Make more than one style of cat doll with this cute and easy PDF sewing pattern. Experience sewing cloth dolls or making stuffed animal toys is not necessary. This cat sewing pattern is for confident beginners. It includes step-by-step photographs, detailed instructions and lots of tips from my years of doll making experience. I will also invite you to join a friendly and supportive Facebook group where you can watch video demonstrations, ask questions and see cat dolls made by other members.
A handmade cat doll could be made as a personalised gift for a cat lover, a birthday or Christmas. It could also be made as a cat loss gift or make a cute nursery decoration for a new baby.
With this sewing pattern, you can design your own cat stuffed animal. You can choose to sew or paint the cat’s face using templates for open or closed eyes. There are templates and instructions to include corner spots or sewn stripes on your cat. It includes a tiered dress and a bow for your cat.
WHAT YOU GET
Professional pattern and 49 pages of instructions...
- Full-size pattern pieces that have been professionally drafted on a computer and include seam allowances
- Lots of tips from my years of doll making experience
- A list of tools and materials
- Illustrated instructions for stitches used to sew the doll face and attach the arms and ears to the body
- Templates to draw the cat's face and spots accurately
- Access to a supportive and friendly Facebook community where you can watch video demonstrations, ask questions and see dolls made by other members
The cat is suitable for beginners, the dress is for confident beginners
The pattern and tutorial are sent as PDF files so that you can immediately start sewing
The cat doll can wear the same clothes as the dolls in my bunny, bear and dog sewing patterns. They can also wear the daisy dress and Spring outfit
Materials and tools
Materials and tools
Without ears approximately 15" (38.1cm), 16” (40.6cm) with ears 17” (43cm)
• Digital PDF file (you will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader or Preview for Mac to open the file)
• Written in English
• Measurements are given in inches and centimetres
Beginner friendly - No experience of making dolls is necessary, but you will need to have basic knowledge of how to use a sewing machine and be familiar with hand sewing
• Downloads are non-refundable
• You may sell dolls made from the pattern if you meet the following terms
• Sharing, selling or distributing my pattern and instructions electronically or in printed form is strictly prohibited under copyright law
This was my first time sewing a doll and I am obsessed! I am a beginner to sewing and this pattern was so detailed and thorough, that I had no issues! Cannot wait to try more of these patterns!
The patterns and tutorial are pretty straightforward and easy to follow. I admire how detailed your instructions are as they are easy to follow to any level. I am having fun creating these plush friends and will definitely check out your video tutorial for additional support.
By far the best organized simply yet detailed pattern & instructions. I’m a sewer and didn’t need them but was so impressed by the presentation so clearly laid out that a beginner could so easily understand and complete To produce a finished product. I haven’t made yet as I’m traveling but will submit when I have made. Encourage anyone to purchase you won’t be disappointed.
Just started it yesterday...directions are very good! just wanted to watch a couple of your videos...mainly for the face of the cat.
I'm so happy you are enjoying the pattern so far Linda! You can watch videos of me demonstrating how to sew a doll's face in the Facebook group. The link is in your pattern. When you go to the group look in the topics section under #howtovideos If you need any more help message me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'd be happy to help :-)