Deer sewing pattern and tutorial
Make a deer doll with this cute and easy PDF sewing pattern. Experience sewing cloth / plush dolls or making stuffed animal toys is not necessary. It includes step-by-step photographs, detailed instructions and lots of tips from my years of doll making experience. I will also invite you to join a friendly and supportive Facebook group where you can watch video demonstrations, ask questions and see dolls made by other members.
This is an intermediate level pattern because the Y seam on the front of the deer's face is a bit more tricky to sew than my other animal patterns. It isn't especially difficult to sew, but it does require you to be very precise with your stitching. I include lots of tips for making this easier and a video demonstration.
A handmade deer or fawn doll could be made as a personalised gift, for a birthday or Christmas. It could also make a cute woodland nursery decoration or a gift for a woodland baby shower. You could sew a red nose to make a reindeer doll for Christmas decor
With this sewing pattern, you can make a deer stuffed animal doll. You can choose to sew or paint the face using templates for open or closed eyes. You can choose to include antlers and white spots on the deer’s forehead. The pattern includes a waistcoat, turn-up trousers, high-waisted trousers with ruffled straps and a bow
WHAT YOU GET
Professional pattern and 63 pages of instructions...
- Full-size pattern pieces that have been professionally drafted on a computer and include seam allowances
- Lots of tips from my years of doll making experience
- A list of tools and materials
- Illustrated instructions for stitches used to sew the doll face and attach the arms and ears to the body
- Templates to draw the deer's face accurately
- Access to a supportive and friendly Facebook community where you can watch video demonstrations, ask questions and see dolls made by other members
- A video demonstration of how to sew the front of the deer's face
The deer is an intermediate sewing pattern. Sewing the front of the face requires you to be very precise. The ruffle trousers are for confident beginners. The bow, waistcoat and turn up trousers are suitable for beginners.
The pattern and tutorial are sent as PDF files so that you can start sewing immediately
The deer doll can wear the same clothes as the dolls in my bunny, bear, cat, dog and fox sewing patterns. They can also wear the daisy dress, Spring outfit and pyjamas
You may sell dolls made with this pattern if you observe the following terms and conditions. Sharing, selling or distributing my pattern and instructions electronically or in printed form is strictly prohibited
Materials and tools
Materials and tools
Without ears approximately 15" (38.1cm), 16” (40.6cm) with ears 17” (43cm)
• Digital PDF file (you will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader or Preview for Mac to open the file)
• Written in English
• Measurements are given in inches and centimetres
Beginner friendly - No experience of making dolls is necessary, but you will need to have basic knowledge of how to use a sewing machine and be familiar with hand sewing
• Downloads are non-refundable
• You may sell dolls made from the pattern if you meet the following terms
• Sharing, selling or distributing my pattern and instructions electronically or in printed form is strictly prohibited under copyright law
This pattern is such a cute one! The instructions are so clear and concise. They are laid out in a very clean organized way, making it really easy to tackle this project. I have not yet made the doll, but have made the jumper and bow for another doll and they turned out lovely. The jumper literally has the sweetest little flutter sleeves I have ever seen. I made them up in a billowy double gauze and am in love. Emma's patterns are top notch! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to make a soft doll toy.
Easy to follow and professional patterns!
Seren Patterns are the best so far!